- Choose carefully: make sure it meets your goals, i.e. learning something new, focusing on a specific area of business, meeting prospective clients
- Tell your clients: they will appreciate you taking time off to focus on improving your business (which affects them positively as well)
- Do some pre-planning: whom do you want to…hear speak, meet in person, ask a question?
- Come prepared: bring lots of business cards and/or promo brochures
- Take notes: bring a small notepad to jot down names, ideas, to-do list
- Team up: if going with a friend, split up from time to time or invite solo attendees to join you for lunch or breaks
- Follow up: email a quick note or invite to link up (via LinkedIn, Biznik, etc.) to people you’ve met
- Keep the feeling alive: review your notes and/or to-do list often to keep yourself on track
- Start planning… for the next event you will attend
May 26, 2009
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.