Is sitting at your computer all day a pain in your neck? Or back? or hands?
Extended periods of time in a sitting position + poor posture = aches and pains.
But, relief can be just a few stretches away. Having experienced a bout of wrist tendinitis when I first started my business (yes, I worked too many hours!) I can vouch for the benefits of daily stretches and yoga, as well as frequent breaks.
See some of my favorite resources below.
Preventing work-related aches & pains
- RSI? RX Yoga: [DVD] a series of yoga exercises aimed at avoiding RSIs (I still do them regularly!)
- Yoga for Back Care by Rodney Yee: [DVD] a great brief yoga session focusing on the back
- The Healthy Back Deck by By Olivia H. Miller,with Beverly Biondi: a handy deck of cards that can be used at home or in office
- Yoga for a Healthy Back workshop at Bloom Yoga (Chicago): a wonderful workshop to get specific yoga guidance
- yogabreak on twitter: daily reminders to stop working and get moving
- Stand Up, Walk Around, Even Just For ’20 Minutes’: recent NPR Fresh Air segment touting the benefits of moving during your workday
Now, step away from the computer and get moving!