I recently attended the Brand New Conference in Chicago, a 2-day event that focuses on corporate and brand identity.
In addition to having the best lanyards and stage set-up ever (see above), the conference shared branding wisdom from designers from around the world. In fact, the conference itself was a perfect example of branding at work.
5 lessons learned
- Use all of your experiences as influence for your work. (Lance Wyman)
- Craft is still important in design. (discussed by most of the speakers)
- Use your environment as inspiration. (Sebastian Padilla)
- Strategy and brand positioning are the foundation for design solutions. (Sol Sender)
- Use your skills to make an impact. (Justin Ahrens)
Click for larger image
We worked with our longtime client BAI to create a graphic identity and printed collateral for their newly-updated conference, BAI Payments Connect.
The challenge was not only to convey a complicated concept (the evolution and transformation of the payments industry), but also to create a functional design that allowed them to clearly market three different events. We created a bold, high-tech design that was versatile enough to be adapted to different types of printed pieces, including the Brochure and Postcard shown at left.
The client was clearly happy with the result, commenting, “You always make the marketing team look good!” And that’s music to a designer’s ear.
Shown: Conference Brochure and Direct Mail Postcard. Printer: GH Printing (Lombard, IL)