I recently attended the Brand New Conference in Chicago, a 2-day event that focuses on corporate and brand identity.
In addition to having the best lanyards and stage set-up ever (see above), the conference shared branding wisdom from designers from around the world. In fact, the conference itself was a perfect example of branding at work.
5 lessons learned
- Use all of your experiences as influence for your work. (Lance Wyman)
- Craft is still important in design. (discussed by most of the speakers)
- Use your environment as inspiration. (Sebastian Padilla)
- Strategy and brand positioning are the foundation for design solutions. (Sol Sender)
- Use your skills to make an impact. (Justin Ahrens)